Thursday, February 12, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Ayden, when asked by the eye doctor to hold on to each bar on each side of his head says, "mom, it's like being in Jail!"
Jade, looking at all the beautiful and cool beads at Roberts, "Oh... my... God!"
Trae (Ayden's friend from school) after looking over my house, "You know your house is messy? Are you going to keep it that way?"

Lessons for mom:
1. Stop letting Ayden go to jail.
2. Remind Jade of appropriate words for public.
3. Clean my house before playdates with 5 year olds (the 3 year olds are oblivious to such messes).

In summary, Ayden's a jailbird, Jade swears like a truck driver and my house is disgusting. And, I'm still laughing.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I try hard NOT to clean before kids come over...whats the point, you know they are going to get the toy from the very bottom of their closet that they haven't played with in a year out! Playdates are nothing but disasterous for ones home!

Kristin said...

Jayci, we aren't allowed to bring homemade stuff either, but oh well I just did it anyway.

KaufusiFamily said...

Too funny! Kids crack me up. They just make it all worthwhile.

Kristin said...

I just checked out the site you have listed on the side- poor girl eats well. She had some yummy looking recipes!