Thursday, March 6, 2008

One of those times....

When I wish I had my camera! I took my kids shopping at Costco yesterday (first mistake). Steve was working so it was just the three of us and a big list of things to get (second mistake). Jade was in the cart and Ayden was hanging off the side. Jade was being pretty good so I decided to let her out of the cart (third mistake). We were in the section of the store where they stack crates of bottled water about 6 or 7 feet high. As soon as the words "don't you dare climb up that" came out of my mouth, she was off! She hit the top of that stack in less than 10 seconds. I couldn't reach her and she was dancing around like she was on top of the world (she really was). I didn't know whether I should laugh, cry, or scream for help. Well, I managed to get her down and even better, I managed not to beat her to a pulp. Needless to say, she spent the remainder of our trip to Costco in the card and crying. Poor thing. It was pretty comical, her up on top of the water, me down below contemplating my options. Ayden thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing too! He was laughing pretty hard and egging Jade on "climb higher, run Jade!" He's such a good influence. Ahhh. Motherhood. I'll also add that this all took place after the wrestling match between Ayden and Jade in BurgerKing. No wonder I was eating IceCream and blogging late last night!

No comments: