Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Anticipation

For the last two days, I've been listening to Jade ask (in her wonderfully annoying whining voice) "can we go to Jess's house now?" It's a sentiment that we are all sharing. I've been planning a trip to visit my brothers in Sacramento for over three months now (it was a way to distract me from the doldrums of Winter). We leave tomorrow. Am I ready? Mentally-yes. Realistically- NO. The kids are playing outside, I'm blogging. My laundry is unfinished in the basement that is being finished. I have books to deliver, donations to solicit, kids to keep alive, clothes to put away, lists to make and a pedicure to enjoy. As such, tomorrow morning promises to be a chaotic clash of kids and parents trying to remember to pack underwear and keeping in mind that this is FUN! We have four days of driving and three days of playing (it's a little off balance, but it will have to work).

While we are away, Ayden will celebrate his 5Th birthday. Our lives have changed so drastically since Ayden joined our family. His presence has taught us patience, love, compromise, faith and most of all he has brought us an unbelievable amount of joy.
Happy Birthday Buddy.

1 comment:

aaron and allee said...

Have a wonderful trip and happy birthday to Ayden! Has it really been five years?!