Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter



Happy late Easter! Easter was so early this year, I had a hard time getting everything done! We had a fantastic weekend celebrating with friends and family. On Thursday night, the kids and I colored eggs. They did an amazing job. I can't believe how well they followed directions and listened to me. We had no major catastrophies and not one egg was broken! Here are the kids showing off their art work. Next year, I'll boil more eggs, they couldn't get enough of coloring them (some eggs were dipped more than twice and came out a beautiful brown color!) We ended up coloring eggs two more times before Easter. Once with our friends and then again with Grandma and Grandpa in SLC. All three times were a load of fun!



On Friday, we went to St. George with a couple of my friends that were visiting from SLC. The annual art fair was in full swing and it was a load of fun! This year, the new Library Plaza was complete with fountains and streams for the kids to play in. They got soaking wet and we all got sunburnt! There were street preformers and great musicians. It was a blast, much improved from years past. After we had all the fun we could stand, we rushed home to play with our friends in Cedar (the second coloring of eggs). It was a good day filled with lovely people and the weather was amazing.

We drove to SLC on Saturday to spend the holiday with my Dad and Step-mom. They always do a huge party for Easter complete with brunch, bobbing for peeps and a large scale Easter egg hunt. This is my dad cooking Brunch for everyone. He's an awesome chef. My brother and sister were there along with their partners in crime and my step-siblings were there too. My niece was also there (she's adorable). It was so much fun. The best part was watching the kids try bobbing for Peeps (it's like bobbing for apples, except with Peeps). Ayden couldn't get a single Peep in his mouth, while Jade managed to get 4! She was so awesome. Just dove right in, she's got her daddy's competetive streak. I'm thinking she'll take first place next year! Now, we're home, gearing up for our next trip. I'm so glad Winter is OVER!

No comments: