Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sniff


Well, a new page has been turned in our family's adventure book. Ayden is officially a "school kid". He started Kindergarten this afternoon. Here is a picture of him outside school. Jade, of course, wouldn't leave his side. She says it's not fair that he can go to school but she can't. I told her I would miss her so very much. She decided that she can wait a while to start. Ayden was on cloud nine today. I'm not sure how I feel. I'm very excited for him, but somewhat meloncholy about the whole thing. I know this was an inevitable part of having kids, but it makes it feel so real. They really do grow up fast. I want to stop time and keep them little forever.
Ayden loved picking out his clothes for school and here he is modeling for me. I think one of the things that makes me the saddest is that I have forgotten so many memories of when he was a baby already. I have a hard time recalling exactly how we got to 5 years old, ya know? Time is slipping by and not only am I unable to stop it, I am also forgetting all the small things that got us here.
This last picture is Ayden and one of his best friends in class today. Ayden actually has about 4 kids in his class that he is really good friends with and I'm sure he's already making more friends. He's so big-hearted when it comes to forming relationships with other kids. I love that about him. He includes everyone and has a special knack of finding the kids who need friends the most. It makes me very proud and I know that skill will help him become an amazing young man. Sniff, sniff.

3 comments:

Sanford and Michelle said...

Wow Jayci! I cannot believe that he is going to school!! They are growing up so fast!! (p.s. I saw your blog on Alex's page ;))

KaufusiFamily said...

Isn't it crazy how time goes by so fast?? Taliana started first grade and Ammon will start Kindergarten on Wednesday (9/03). He didn't think it was fair that Taliana got to start before him either. Ammon is going to be in all-day Kindergarten. I was so happy at first, but now that I have been home with Ammon while Taliana is at school... I'm not sure if I want him gone ALL day. We will see how the first week goes. I may have to pull him out and put him in half-day. We'll see.

I know it is hard at the beginning, but you will see how much MORE they grow up while they are in school.

Hope all is well with your cute family. By the looks of it... things are great. Love the new sand box. It looks like a "must have". Take care!

Shanna said...

Just peeking in ... we miss you guys!