Monday, February 14, 2011

For being 5 years old, she sure knows A LOT.

As I was helping Jade's class this morning, I heard at least 3 girls all saying "I know, I KNOW" every single time someone told them something (even their teacher). I had to laugh (to myself, of course, I would hate to add to the teachers obvious frustration).
The reason this made me chuckle and some of you with 5 year old girls may know where I'm coming from, is because apparently Jade was born knowing EVERYTHING. Really, everything.
All I have to do is open my mouth, look her direction, and she is automatically saying "I know". Please note, I haven't actually said anything yet. But, she KNOWS.
The flip side of this is the arguing that results from her vast knowledge of the world. We go round after round after round of trying to prove who is right. There is no convincing her because she KNOWS.
I'm a little confused, I thought she wouldn't reach this stage until she was a teenager. But, apparently, she is among many other 5 year old girls who were also born knowing everything. It helps to know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

It gets better. My favorite is that I know nothing and her kindergarten teacher is the be all end all of information. Fortunately for me she doesn't love her 1st grade teacher so much and I am again in my rightful place as source of some knowledge sometimes.