Thursday, October 8, 2009

Funny quotes from the past month

I was suffering a wonderful bout of PMS, dealing with lots of people, doing way too much, and coming down with an awful cold (that's my defense), when Steve warned my dad "don't poke the bear" (for clarification- I'm the bear in this scenario). It wasn't funny then, but it is getting funnier as time goes on. I think I'll get that printed up nice and big, frame it and nail it to my bedroom door as a warning to my children. DON'T POKE THE BEAR (and the bear doesn't go away until 8:00 AM).

Steve and I were having dinner with a couple of friends, who are both recently divorced. They were comparing notes on how long they were married (15 years and 12 years). I looked at Steve and told him "well, I guess we better not get too comfortable". What I meant was, there is no such thing as a safe year in marriage, what he heard was "start packing". Now, when he's being a brat I look at him and repeat myself "don't get too comfortable".

Ayden acted up in school last week and earned himself some time in "skills" (the elementary equivalent of detention). He spent his recesses picking up trash. "Mom, it was fun!! I even found a cigarette". Hmm, do I have an aspiring trash truck driver on my hands? And, what are they doing over there at South Elementary with the cigarettes? Granted, if I had to deal with 600 children under the age of 10, I would probably be doing much worse than smoking!!

Jade and I were playing pretend. For those of you who are not familiar, this is a game where we act like different people and do various things together like shop, cook, eat, etc. Jade tells me "mom, you pretend to be nice, like my teacher". Yup, I really need a vacation.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh man that was too funny! What a big blow to have Jade want you to act nice, oh we just gotta love our kids, right?