Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Keepin' it Real.... for my girls

A while back, I hosted a girls weekend at my house for my 5 best friends from high school (yes, we still actually like each other-a lot). During that time, I heard the comment "I can't believe how clean your house is" at least a dozen times. And every time I heard it, I cringed a little. Because the truth is, my house is never clean. Ok, maybe every now and then I get a little manic and clean all day long, but those days are few and very far between. When everyone went home, I felt overly guilty, like I'd just swindled them out of any piece of mind they may have had about being a good housekeeper!!! So, to make it up to them, I am posting these pictures. Girls, this is how my house looks right now. And most days, it's a little worse! I hope your self-esteem gets a huge boost from these!!
Being a mom, a good mom, means so much more than having a tidy house. My messy house will one day be spotless, but now is not the time for that! Now is the time for playing. My kids won't remember the state of my kitchen, but will certainly remember my state of mind. Enjoy the pictures, and feel my pain as today, unfortunately, IS cleaning day!


2 comments:

Summers Family said...

Wow! I am way too house proud to show pictures, but thanks. That still isn't very messy, but of course your house was clean when you had friends coming over - they would have as well. You are an awesome mom and your kids are so blessed to have you.

KaufusiFamily said...

YEAH!! Now I feel SO good about my house! I love you! Thanks so much for hosting our "girls" weekend.